The IMBA Instructor Certification Program (ICP) offers professional training and certification for individuals who lead group rides or teach mountain bike skills clinics. With the ICP, IMBA is building on proven, successful methods nearly two decades in development, and aims to establish a standard for mountain bike skills instructor training.
A twenty-hour course that certifies an individual to guide rides and perform fundamental skills analysis with a high level of competence. This course focuses on group and risk management including an introductory to skills instruction.
$495 for IMBA members. $550 for non-IMBA members
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
– A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
– First day’s session is 5-8pm (classroom setting).
– Second and third day sessions are on-bike outside, approximately 8am-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
– A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES: June 23rd, 2017.